not a happy hump day

My first time trying out this mobile blogging thing. Want to know why...cuz I am in frickin jury duty. OMG this mess is the worst. So wake up this morning and mrs.red has come to visit me so I am already in "I don't want to be bothered" mode. Had to be at the damn courthouse at 8:45 only to just sit there. Finally at 11 they say there won't be any morning cases, you can leave but be back at 2pm. So I go home and take a rub my tummy nap hoping it will make me feel a little better and it did, and then I had back downtown. Again sitting and sitting...finally at 3:30 they call 65 of us to go in and meet the judge, lawyers, and defendant. Cocaine charge so it should be a quick trial. Right now they are meeting with all the people that are saying they can't be a juror for whatever reason, and won't start picking the jury into 4:30.


I am so damn tired! Besides mrs. Red stopping by I was out late last night at estelle's listening party. Really wasn't planning on being out that late or drinking that much. I am really starting to hate industry events. They are not the same anymore. Usually you come in, mingle with the artist and listen and vibe to the album, but this was a damn party.I was sitting next to meagan goode and T. Jones (ny jets). I love meagan. She's so nice. Everytime she's out, always a sweetie, but last night she was wasted and I hate the fact that she chain smokes...so unsexy. John Legend was there too.Oh and them damn retro or metro kids whateva the hell they name is. Anyone who lives in ny knows what I'm talking about. They be in every club a big group of em dancing all over the place with they old skool chains and gear and tall blond high top fades. These kids are the worst. Or maybe I'm just getting old. That damn idiot from I love ny was there too. Too tired to find a pic of him and post it with this...don't even know how from my phone anyway. But you know, I forget his name but the really dumb one that lied and said he sent the flowers to new york when taylor made really did. Trust that was not an act, he is truly that dumb in person. That chick with the blonde hair from miss rap supreme was there too. The one who moms use to rap back in the day. That's all I can remember right now.

But eventually they did get around to playing a couple estelle joints. Must have album. Oh and DJ Enuff dropped the bomb on this new janelle monae record that I have to get my hands on. Straight fire! You know I will share it as soon as I get it.

Ok...let me stop typing before I get carpal tundrel syndrome.

Hope your hump day has been going better than mine. These jokers just said we aint gon get outta here til bout 5:30. DAMN! And do you know that this mess only pays $40/day. Why the heck do they take working people from their jobs for this mess. All the homeless people in nyc would love that money and to be out of the cold all day so why not scoundrel up all of them. Or all the retired people. They aint doing nothin but rubbing themselves with bengay and watching price is right so why they aint here.I am so freakin' aggravated right now. Uuuuuuggghhhh!!!

32 comments

dessex April 30, 2008 at 4:20 PM

I bought the Estlle Album yesterday...It was a little over hyped, but overall it was dope. It was worth the price....

Tiffany S. Jones April 30, 2008 at 4:23 PM

Awww man, I'm sorry. From what I understand, jury duty does suck. That's the price you pay for being a responsible American. Ain't it great? :-/

Ticia April 30, 2008 at 4:46 PM

My day sucks majorly too - Aww....

anonymousnupe April 30, 2008 at 4:52 PM

Sounds like somebody needs a hug and a mojito, not nece-celery in that order.

Last night I completed my MD online jury duty questionnaire for service in June. Nice. Maybe I'll get a murder related to "The Wire."

One Man’s Opinion April 30, 2008 at 5:26 PM

You are in violation. You know damn well that you can not allowed to talk about a case. Shame, shame. I am telling....

E. Christian Wallace April 30, 2008 at 6:36 PM

Seems like urrybody is getting jury duty nowadays.

MP April 30, 2008 at 7:08 PM

I have never had to do jury duty... I'm glad but I have no idea how I have avoided it so long.

Ms.Seven Supa Sized April 30, 2008 at 7:31 PM

Yep...you are in a mood. Hope you feel better.

Brittany April 30, 2008 at 7:58 PM

Man what you talking about. I would take that $40 in a heart beat. Well I guess that's because I am broke and don't have a job right now sooo....lol

But on the real that $40 would set me off right now.

The Jaded NYer April 30, 2008 at 8:24 PM

girl I am so sorry! when you get in front of the judge just say you hate everybody and maybe they'll let you go LOL

Sass April 30, 2008 at 9:55 PM

i like estelle's album..wanted just a little more, but it's good shit. another event i passed on.. lol we would be runnnin into eachother all over the place. industry events are def not what they used to be and they havent changed for the better.
maybe tomorrow will be better for you babes...take deep breaths..inhale, exhale. breathe on it for me lol

Anonymous April 30, 2008 at 10:29 PM

I've never had jury duty.

Love love Estelle's album.

MsFreshBananaPuddin May 1, 2008 at 12:24 AM

I started my period this week too.boo.

yeah I saw Meagan at a party in Vegas, she was wasted, but nice...

dejanae May 1, 2008 at 4:59 AM

jury duty
sounds like fun *grimace*
i like estelle's sound

Mel May 1, 2008 at 6:29 AM

I haven't listened to Estelle's album yet. It's in the iPod. You know, the thing I can't update until I finish all of my exams... yeah...

And you met "It"... Hi-larious.

And when you said that Megan chain smokes, you probably killed the wet dreams of half of the men in the world. I say half because the other half probably don't care that she's a walking ashtray.

And Janelle Monet? Can't wait.

My friend and I have a "pet" name for the time of the month as well. We call it the Eve. We think it should die a horrible death. But that's just us... lol

Anonymous May 1, 2008 at 10:30 AM

Poor thing!

Breathheeeeeeeeeeeeeee LOL!

PCD (Pretty Circle Drawer) May 1, 2008 at 11:12 AM

oooooooh, never had jury duty. sorry for you :-(

Charles May 1, 2008 at 11:41 AM

I hate jury duty. I had to do that like a year ago. It was a waste of my time...seriously. I'm mad at your thoughts on homeless and old people doin it...hahahahaha.

Edirin May 1, 2008 at 12:36 PM

i tut estelles abum was a mess, i dont knwo what possesed me to buy it, i felt like taking it back, then again my opinion

neva had jury duty, sorry lovey

my day sucks big time today,ure not alone

1/3 May 1, 2008 at 2:48 PM

awww ms. red paid me a visit last week so I feel you on the tired thing lol. I hope you dont get picked to sit on a trial. Thats when the real agony begins lol

Hmm I like Estelle she has a new sound but I think Im just coping singles of the album thats it lol

Janelle Monae Album is gonna be hot! I can feel it! Please post the music if you get your hands on it.

Nexgrl May 1, 2008 at 7:15 PM

Jury Duty seems to be such a pain to me. My Mom was recently released from jury duty. She kept complaining about the stale air in the court room. She said the ADA dismissed her as soon as he could.

Dave Van Buren May 1, 2008 at 7:49 PM

How did I forget to comment on this? I promise you that when I'm president I will hire all the homeless people as jurors, that's a great idea. I might even pay them in liquor lol

Old School Fridays May 1, 2008 at 8:10 PM

I have never been called to jury duty, I would be so excited to go because I'm nerdy like that.

. May 1, 2008 at 8:45 PM

my hump day was spent resting. a much deserved rest at that.
i plan on getting that new estelle lp tomorrow. and a couple other discs to keep my ipod bumping.

now i've never had jury duty, but shit sounds quite whack and time consuming. sorry about that ma. really a shame that fucked with your day.

hope today (thursday) was better. plus its a start of a new month.

Unknown May 1, 2008 at 9:22 PM

My hump day was spent chasing after a 6 month old. He is still kicking my arse.

I had Grand Jury one year. One day out of the week for 12 wks. UGH!

Ms.LadyCop May 1, 2008 at 9:35 PM

estelle's cd is that fiyah!

Monie May 2, 2008 at 2:35 PM

LMAO @ rubbing themselves with Bengay and watching The Price is Right!

Sorry bout jury duty...that sucks.

CHA CHA May 2, 2008 at 3:46 PM

that last sentence had me cracking up....

Hope you are feeling betta

Keisha "Kitten" Isaacs May 2, 2008 at 4:13 PM

Ms Red can be so rude and inconsiderate sometimes...seems like she just comes at the most inconvenient times without even a a warning call!!!

The F_Uitlist May 2, 2008 at 8:36 PM

Jury duty in Queens was not so bad, because they had Wi-Fi. However the process does suck when people are going through all the reasons why they can't serve. Ughhhh just do your duty or don't show up.

brran1 May 3, 2008 at 1:36 PM

I had jury duty yesterday Eb. I sat there for 7 Hours watching movies.

Unknown May 8, 2008 at 8:16 AM

never had jury duty. hope i never do. i probably just jinxed myself. Good thing I'm in South Korea. lol

Help keep this site up and running


and be sure to follow @thegirthpodcast instagram for hilarious sex memes and on twitter episode highlights and daily sex articles.

My Renaissance People aka Blog Subscribers