For 2 seconds I thought I was getting old

And it didn't help that my 21 year old sister said it to me the last time we talked either. But lately I have been noticing myself slowing down. I remember when I only needed 1 hour of sleep and I could get right back up like I had slept all night. Now, if I get anything under 6 hours I wake up with an attitude. I definitely don't have as much fun in the clubs anymore, or even like going to them. I even recently started taking vitamins with calcium to try and get an extra little pep in my step. In a little over a month I will be turning 27, and I was kind of depressed that my body was already starting to fail me. I even saw my first grey hair and plucked that crap straight out of my head. But then I got this forwarded to me in an email and it made me realize that I am indeed still YOUNG!

25 SIGNS YOU HAVE GROWN UP

1. Your houseplants are alive, and you can't smoke any of them. Nope

2. Having sex in a twin bed is out of the question. Fa sho

3. You keep more food than beer in the fridge. Fa sho

4. 6:00 AM is when you get up, not when you go to bed. Nope

5. You hear your favorite song in an elevator. Nope

6. You watch the Weather Channel. Nope

7. Your friends marry and divorce instead of "hook up"
and "break up." Nope

8. You go from 130 days of vacation time to 14. Fa sho

9. Jeans and a sweater no longer qualify as "dressed
up." I don't get this one because I never did think that

10. You're the one calling the police because those %
&@# kids next door won't turn down the stereo. I dont mess with no po-po

11. Older relatives feel comfortable telling sex jokes
around you. Just my mom but she is just freaky like that

12. You don't know what time Taco Bell closes anymore. I never did

13. Your car insurance goes down and your car payments go up. Don't have a car

14. You feed your dog Science Diet instead of McDonald's leftovers. I don't have a dog

15. Sleeping on the couch makes your back hurt. I dont sleep on my couch and dont let anyone else sleep on it either.

16. You take naps. Fa sho

17. Dinner and a movie is the whole date instead of the
beginning of one. I wish I could get dinner and a movie.

18. Eating a basket of chicken wings at 3 AM would
severely upset,rather than settle, your stomach. Nope

19. You go to the drug store for ibuprofen and antacid,
not condoms and pregnancy tests. Nope

20. A $4.00 bottle of wine is no longer "pretty good
s***." Fa sho

21. You actually eat breakfast food at breakfast time. Nope

22. "I just can't drink the way I used to" replaces "I'm never going
to drink that much again." Fa sho

23. 90% of the time you spend in front of a computer is for real
work. Nope

24. You drink at home to save money before going to a bar. Only fools don't

25. When you find out your friend is pregnant you
congratulate them instead of saying, "OH NO what happened?" Nope

So since I couldn't relate to too many of these... I guess I ain't getting old. LOL

29 comments

The Jaded NYer April 9, 2008 at 3:24 PM

Whew! I just went through those and THANK GOD-- I'm not old, either!! LOL

Anonymous April 9, 2008 at 4:34 PM

LOL @ HOUSE PLANTS: I soooo am still YOUNG!

Miss Snarky Pants April 9, 2008 at 4:44 PM

Thankfully, I can't either [LOL] --- Girl I know you ain't eeeeeeeeven stressin' @ 26??

CHA CHA April 9, 2008 at 4:47 PM

I think Im getting old...**SIGH

Anonymous April 9, 2008 at 5:15 PM

Don't talk about age. I feel like I'm going through a midlife crisis b/c I will be 30 in July.

B April 9, 2008 at 5:23 PM

4. 6:00 AM is when you get up, not when you go to bed.

Yeeeep, pretty much. LOL. Au revoir, youth! 23 goin' on 33 and proud!

<--kind of.

Anonymous April 9, 2008 at 5:38 PM

LOL at this. And gray hairs are the devil. I found one last year.

mp1 April 9, 2008 at 5:47 PM

Thanks, got my blog post for tomorrow! lol

On another note, how the hell you get two profile pics in your comment boxes. i noticed it over at Skinny's spot.

Chari April 9, 2008 at 7:01 PM

I passed teh test!!! whew!

RealHustla April 9, 2008 at 7:11 PM

Sure, you're not getting old. Thaaat's the ticket, LOL. So, a gray hair on your head, huh? Got any gray hairs anywhere else? When you get that first facial hair, will you be old then, LOL?

Nah, just messing with you. You're still a baby, but listen to me now. Start buying the age defying skin care. You want to be proactive. Make sure there's sun screen in everything. I still get asked for my i.d. occasionally, but this is why.

Sexxy Luv April 9, 2008 at 8:10 PM

Not old at all, you just matured and found new things that catch your attention.

I don't like to do the clubs to much anymore either because the girls are wearing no cloths or the guys are in some corner fingering some girl, or folks is in there smokin' dro!

I just do it when it's someone's birthday and that's what they decide to do.

I just turned 27 and It freaks me out to think I'm 3 years from 30! lol

MsRoxy April 9, 2008 at 9:04 PM

Aging is a beautiful thing....

lol@ #11. I noticed that recently my GRAN aunt started joking about sex....sh** was awkward as hell.

soupasexy April 9, 2008 at 10:10 PM

awwwww, that was cute..

ur not even old, pulease give urself a break aight..lol

Jackie E. April 10, 2008 at 12:17 AM

Ahhh....27...I remember the days...LOL @ you hear your favorite song on an elevator.

You're just a baby my dear. Enjoy it. The time sure does pass quickly!

Desy April 10, 2008 at 12:19 AM

thinking: not even close

Dana April 10, 2008 at 2:02 AM

DAMN! I think I'm old!! LOL =) Great post ETB!! =)

Mr. B2B April 10, 2008 at 2:03 AM

I know i can't drink how i used to Eb..
I'ma be 27 in August, so i am witchu...
Not yet "old", but mosdef "older"

Thanks for dropping this

MsFreshBananaPuddin April 10, 2008 at 3:54 AM

lmao! you were like *boink* let me get rid of that sh*t...

man all my house plants are dying, I need to water them. And fck I sure do hear my favorite songs in the elevator or at the mall...

One Man’s Opinion April 10, 2008 at 5:50 AM

You are soooo cute. And I would like to go on record as being offended by your answer to number 10. I'm just saying....

12kyle April 10, 2008 at 8:18 AM

As far as age...you're not old. You are maturing and thinking more about life and the future.

That said...you r old...right now! Haaaa

Good post

PCD (Pretty Circle Drawer) April 10, 2008 at 10:10 AM

i watch the weather channel and my pet eats science diet...hey, she's overweight!

The Southern Belle April 10, 2008 at 10:18 AM

Okay,
I'm checking out new blogs and happened upon yours. I stole your getting old quiz to blog!

Your not old hun!!! your at a great age!

~Diva

*B* Fab April 10, 2008 at 10:18 AM

lol @ 13! I was super excited once I turned 25 and my monthly expenses went down!
21, 22 & 24 - yup!

proacTiff April 10, 2008 at 10:43 AM

@ the jeans and sweater number... that's something them "abercrombie" (read: white) folk thought was dressed to the nines. Black folk been knowing sharp since Sunday go metting days. Dang, my comment reeks of old ass sentiments. I'm getting old! Sigh.

proacTiff April 10, 2008 at 10:44 AM

"meeting" typing while try'na lay down cause my old ass need a nap ain't helping... lmao

Ticia April 10, 2008 at 10:45 AM

Well I do! therefore I am getting old!! LOL

TravelDiva April 10, 2008 at 11:05 AM

LMBAO. That was funny as h*ll!

The F_Uitlist April 10, 2008 at 11:03 PM

ROFLMAO! Sorry Doll you are getting old, All those other things are nice but sleep is the key. Need more than an hour sleep before you can get up again, HAHA

Love it! You know I've wrapped my head around my 30 something attitude.

Help keep this site up and running


and be sure to follow @thegirthpodcast instagram for hilarious sex memes and on twitter episode highlights and daily sex articles.

My Renaissance People aka Blog Subscribers