Tis the season of good movies!!!

Between Thanksgiving and Christmas the theaters are filled with some of the best movies of the year and I find myself in the theater paying $10 just about every weekend during that time. Denzel has been so busy promoting "American Gangster" that he has failed to talk about "The great debaters" that will be in theaters on Christmas day, so I have taken the liberty to talk about it for him. The film was produced by Oprah's "Harpo Productions" and also stars: Forest Whitaker, Kimberly Elise, Nate Parker, and Jurnee Smollett. The film is based on the true story of Melvin B. Tolson, who, while at Wiley College formed a debate team that beat Harvard in 1935 during the national championships. Here is the trailer.

Another movie that I am interested in seeing is Will Smith's new one "I am legend." Can you even imagine being the only person left on the face of the earth. What would you do with yourself??? I have asked myself this thousands of time trying to prepare for this post and I came up with nothing. Simple things like the whole point of blogging to feel like we have a voice in a world that is so big, but imagine having a voice that no one could hear. No interaction with anyone. I believe all Will's character had was his dog. I even asked myself would I even want to remain alive if everyone else died off. I can't wait to see this movie hoping that after I will finally be able to come up with some answers for the above questions I've asked myself after seeing what he went threw. Just in case you have no idea what I'm talking about here is the trailer. This one is due in theaters on December 14th.

Then there's the black christmas movie. I know it's not as deep as the two movies above but it looks hilarious and I will be in the theaters catching this one as well on Thanksgiving day, but it comes out the day before Thanksgiving. Starring my boo Idris Elba, along with Chris Brown, Loretta Devine, Regina King, Keith Robinson, Laura London, and so many others so check out the trailer to see who else is in the movie.

1 comment

Don November 9, 2007 at 12:35 PM

Love to see my skin color doing the damn thang.

Help keep this site up and running


and be sure to follow @thegirthpodcast instagram for hilarious sex memes and on twitter episode highlights and daily sex articles.

My Renaissance People aka Blog Subscribers