A poetic kinda Monday

The Real deal

Some think they know, but they have no idea
What love really feels like
When you work 10 times as hard to keep from thinking of him
On a redeye back to NY from LA
Looking over the mountains, his face is all I see
Reading columns on how men perceive a lady that approaches them
And even though the majority feel it shows confidence
I still keep my silence
Never had someone who made me tingle all over at just his thought
One syllable of his name and my inner workings are drenched
I close my eyes –
Hoping it will take me there
The last time I was in his presence
I love him –
No matter how he feels about me
Without having shared one intimate touch or kiss
Our intimacy lies in the heavens
Comedic tone forced me to let down my guard
Thoughts of breaking the rule I’ve lived by
I’ve fought my feelings for months
Hoping that I wasn’t falling for this guy
Always on the defensive
Until I realized every moment I’m not with him
My spirit is scattered
Magnetic plus, kinetic minus
Confused before –
He’s now revealed the real type of man I’m attracted to
Makes me wonder of my frivolous past, and what I thought was love
Now I know the “Real Deal”
Questioning how people fall out of love
They obviously didn’t have the “Real Deal”
I can’t even imagine feeling half of this for anyone else
Dilemma –
My mind is tackling my heart
It’s 3rd down, but I think my heart is ready for the blitz
Amazing –
My ipod shuffles to India Arie’s “The Truth”
Now blending to Lauryn Hill’s “Tell him”
Perfection conclusion to this lyric
The truth about the man of my dreams
Lies within the hands of God
I’ve told him what I want
And if he sees fit, all things will come to pass
Whether I am the aggressor or not
Once doubting I’d ever feel this way about anyone
Now knowing, if he whom I love isn’t seen fit for me in God’s eyes
That my love for the man God sent for me will come in two fold
And that’s the “Real Deal”



Copyright © 2007 by Jonesin' Enterprises All rights reserved worldwide. No part of this may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without prior written permission.

2 comments

Don November 7, 2007 at 2:15 PM

My mind is tackling my heart
It’s 3rd down, but I think my heart is ready for the blitz


Flavor

esk November 28, 2007 at 8:56 AM

Nice poem.

@ The truth about the man of my dreams Lies within the hands of God --
Oh so true.

Help keep this site up and running


and be sure to follow @thegirthpodcast instagram for hilarious sex memes and on twitter episode highlights and daily sex articles.

My Renaissance People aka Blog Subscribers