I'm Jonesin' so let's reminisce on Love Jones

About once a month I get in a "I want to be in love" funk and I cuddle in my bed and watch Love Jones. My favorite movie of all time. I have probably seen it about a million times. I dont even crave the love part all that much which is weird. I crave the jonesin' part. Having that overwhelming desire for someone that its so intense that you dont even realize its love so you do everything to jack it up. That's what I love so much about this story because its real. True love is a journey and too many movies portray it as being peaches and cream and some "love at first sight" mess. This past saturday I had that funk and watched it but the thoughts have been lingering with me this time. Usually watching the movie puts all the thoughts to rest, but this time it hasnt. Dont know why and hoping that posting this here will make it go away. So here is one of my favorite parts...Darius and Nina's 1st date.
I cant talk about this movie without mentioning the first time they met. Ladies just imagine being at a bar and a man spilling your drink. Yes, I would have been rolling all kinds of necks, and then he goes up on stage and belts a blues with your name written all over it. My favorite part is:
"I’m the sight raped hunter
Blindly pursuing you as my prey
And I just wanna give you injections, of sublime erections
And get you to dance to my rhythm
Make you dream archaetypes, of black angels in flight
Upon wings, of distorted, contorted, metaphoric jism
Come on slim
Fuck yo’ man, I ain’t worried about him
It’s you who I wanna step to my scene
Cause rather than deal with the fallacy
Of this dry ass reality
I rather dance and romance your sweet ass, in a wet dream"

Whew... now that's some good ish... here's video of the entire poem.

What every woman longs for... a man that can stimulate her mind as well as her body! Oh where far out thou Brother to the Night?

7 comments

mp1 November 6, 2007 at 10:24 AM

I might wanna check that movie out sometime. I think I might be the only black person that hasnt seeen it. Not a good look.

Unknown November 6, 2007 at 4:12 PM

Yeah, MP. You need to get that together!

I saw this movie when I was 12 and LOVED IT! As an adult, I love it even more because I can fully appreciate the meaning of the "blues in your left thigh" line! Lol.

Muze November 7, 2007 at 4:29 PM

yeah i love this movie. the one and only time i was attracted to larenz.

esk November 28, 2007 at 8:52 AM

I'm feelin' you on this one...I love the movie, too.

Unknown December 28, 2007 at 11:26 AM

Oooo GIRL!! That is my movie!! loves it!!

Help keep this site up and running


and be sure to follow @thegirthpodcast instagram for hilarious sex memes and on twitter episode highlights and daily sex articles.

My Renaissance People aka Blog Subscribers