Feeling Family Fuzzy

So I'm flying my mom into the city this weekend for her birthday. She gets in tomorrow and I cant wait to see her. Absolutely love hanging out with my mom. Its kinda sickening. Anyway, I have lived in nyc for a little over 3 years and she has yet to come visit me so it should be fun. She called me earlier today asking what we were going to do and that she wanted to go out and see celebrities. She is crazy, but its my fault. I took her to Turks and Caicos last year (here are a couple pics)















and Will and Jada ended up staying at the resort next to ours. I took her to Chicago in October and she got to meet a couple of the Bears players, here she is with DT T. Harris.

so now she thinks everytime she's with me she's going to meet somebody famous. We were suppose to go see Fantasia on Broadway in "The Color Purple" but the stupid stagehands are striking. Actually, I shouldnt call them stupid, they just want their money like everyone else in America, but dang why they had to strike the week that my mom was coming. I have no back-up plan so we'll probably just do a lot of shopping. Maybe I'll take her up to ESPN headquarters and she can meet some veteran players that are analysts for us now.

Besides this I cant wait to go home for Thanksgiving. Both my sisters had a son this year and I am so excited to see how big my nephews have gotten. Here I am with Hayden... dont you just love his shirt...lol!
What??? His aunt is HOT and SINGLE!!!
The cheesecake, and honeybaked ham, and mac and cheese, and collard greens, and caramel cake, and fried turkey, and stuffing, oooh, I can just taste it. That's how it will be at my dad's moms house. My mom's moms house will be kind of weird this year. Its the first holiday we will have to get threw without my grandpa who died earlier this year from lung cancer. RIP granddaddy... you'll never be forgotten because I think I still have marks on my legs from all the switches you tore me up with when I was little... I know now that it was all because you loved me... I cant wait to see all my lil' cousins because there is a million of them on that side of the family.

When the holidays come around I always get all fuzzy and friendly and think of my favorite Cosby's episode that highlights one of my favorite Ray Charles songs. Enjoy!!!

2 comments

Will November 18, 2007 at 1:35 AM

Ahhhh ... you and your mom both look great! Hope she enjoys her time in our great city. :)

And that Cosby video brought back some really good memories. Thanks for the blast from the past.

Love the blog. I'll definitely be back.

Respect,

Will
dawsonink.net

Don November 19, 2007 at 4:31 PM

Nice pics. Thanks for sharing.

Tell Mom and Dad I said "Hi."

Help keep this site up and running


and be sure to follow @thegirthpodcast instagram for hilarious sex memes and on twitter episode highlights and daily sex articles.

My Renaissance People aka Blog Subscribers