Keep Kanye in your prayers

As I'm sure many of you have learned Kanye lost his mom this past saturday. It was recently released that her cause of death was due to some sort of complications during a cosmetic surgery procedure. They have not revealed yet what exactly she had planned to get done. This whole situation is very sad, especially because it happened during a procedure that most likely wasnt necessary. There is a steep rise in the amount of women in the African American community that are undergoing to the knife. Studies show that the majority of the surgeries are simple lipsuction to get ride of a little excess flab, and that there still a substantial amount of African American woman that are strongly against plastic surgery. This whole situation made me think of one of my favorite scriptures. In Philippians 4:11 Paul said, "I have learned in whatsoever state I am in therewith to be content". We spend so much of our time complaining about what we dont have, and what we want, that we never really take the time to just sit back and be content and grateful for what we do have. I have always said that if I did get some work done it would be lipo but could never go to the extent of getting a nose job or breast implants. With this recent death, even though I dont have the exact cause of death info, I'm thinking maybe its just better to take my lazy self to the gym to get rid of these 10-15 pounds than to have some doctor suck it out. I am not totally opposed to plastic surgery because it has worked for some women, for example I feel Kelly Rowland's nose job made her look amazing. But things can go terribly wrong like with Pepa (from Salt & Pepa's) whose nose job just looks ridiculous. Either way, if my fellow RBW's do plan on getting some work done, make sure you do your research and are educated about the procedure. I wish Kanye and his family the best in this tough time and remember she has a book that she recently released about how it was growing up with Kanye.

1 comment

Anonymous November 15, 2007 at 4:57 PM

Hey I am sadden by Dr. West death and I could not imagine how her son is taking this. We really stop this vanity culture and be happy with who we are.

I do disagree with your comment about Pepa. She looks fine.

Queen V

Help keep this site up and running


and be sure to follow @thegirthpodcast instagram for hilarious sex memes and on twitter episode highlights and daily sex articles.

My Renaissance People aka Blog Subscribers