The bridesmaid curse...Not Eb!

I don't know how or why but I have made it to the final year in my twenties without ever having to be a bridesmaid or maid of honor. The only person close to me that is married is my little sister and she didn't have a wedding, my aunt was engaged and asked me to be a bridesmaid but the wedding was called off, and none of my close friends have even been proposed to.

All of this came to me yesterday when I watched The Hangover. Is this weird?? A movie so ridiculously funny that it brought tears to my eyes and I have an epiphany that I haven't been in a wedding since I was a flower girl? It kinda makes me sad because none of my friends are getting married. Then again it made me happy because I am not one for the ugly dresses. If I'm going to be a bridesmaid I have to approve my attire or I don't want to be in the wedding.

I also got sad because I really want to have a bachelorette party that straight kills the bachelor party they had in The Hangover. Women are so much smarter anyway and never have them the night before the wedding duuuuuh so we have time to recoup. It would be sooooo legendary I can picture it all in my head and it makes me chuckle with mischief. *evil grin*

Everyone always says I'm cynical about marriage. At one point I even said I never wanted to get married and that if I found someone I loved that much we'd be engaged all the way to the grave. I especially never wanted to get married in my 20s. I have been living my life like it's golden and a husband would have only slowed my groove. When I finally admitted to myself 3 years ago after seeing my sisters have babies, I came to the realization that maybe that was something I wanted to experience and made the decision that I wanted to get married at 31, kids at 33 and 35 and be done with all that madness. I even have a wedding date. May 5th, 2012. That will actually be 10days before I turn 31. So uuum I prolly need to work quick or getting a boyfriend right???

I don't even want a big wedding though. Give me a super fab dress and a reception. Get my electric slide on and make a party out of it. Get on the mic and say a couple vows and quick "I do" at the party. Why is a low maintenance chick like me still single I will never understand. Maybe I should start being more demanding and maybe I'll nab me one.

But yeah so I have my date... and I have my dress


minus the sash. The sash was ugly but Girl Melanie from The Game has the wedding dress of my dreams. Short and poofy! Now I just gotta find the man. No need to put all my home girls through the nonsense of paying for a dress to walk down an aisle in or go through the hassle of deciding which of my friends or sisters to pick as the Maid of Honor. I don't have time for that. Let's just thank God that we were blessed to find the love of our life and hopefully someone we will spend the rest of our lives with.

Now on to finding this man!

Leave a comment

Help keep this site up and running


and be sure to follow @thegirthpodcast instagram for hilarious sex memes and on twitter episode highlights and daily sex articles.

My Renaissance People aka Blog Subscribers