My multi-dimensional purpose driven life

If you haven't already noticed from reading my blog I am multi-dimensional. Sometimes I am hilarious, sometimes I'm nosey, sometimes I'm feeling all emotional and lonely, sometimes I'm cursing and being spiritual in the same damn post. Sometimes I'm in your face and aggressive and sometimes I just sit-back and observe. I embrace all that is me and love all of it. You can like it, love it, or leave it, but that is me.

In 2004 when I moved to NYC, I knew it would be life changing. I knew it was going to be the start of a new chapter in my life. I bought the "Purpose Driven life" book right after I moved thinking it would be that extra something I needed to make it in the big city. I got half way threw the book and had to stop. The content started to get too deep for me at that time in my life. I mean I was in a new city, partying all the time, out and about until the wee hours of the morning, and loving the good life. I knew that it was not the right time for me and that book. I would be cheating myself if I had continued to read a book that I wasn't ready to make the necessary changes for in my life in order to be purpose driven.

It the past 3 years I feel I have matured a lot. As a whole, I'm not saying I'm the most mature person in the bunch, but my personal level of maturity has grown tremendously and I am ready to dust the book off the shelves and give it a go again. Now I'm not saying this blog is going to turn into a spiritual haven or anything like that. No book can change me from being the multi-dimensional person that I am, nor do I want one to. But I am curious to see what my outlook on life will be after completing the 40 days. This is the first year I'm spending Christmas by myself, since I really didn't feel like going home, so I felt the born day of the Lord is the perfect day to start my new journey. So chapter 1 starts tomorrow.

I am a realist, and being real with yourself is sometimes all we have. So I know that reading this book is not going to stop me from having sex until I'm married, or make me start going to church every sunday. I have been trying to completely stop cursing all this year, but from time to time someone pushes that button that makes something vulgar spill out and I'm hoping this book can help me to completely change that. In the industry I work in, I'm sure I will still be partying and doing "things of the world" like all the religious people out there would say. But don't we all do things of the world? Aren't we all secular in some aspect of our life?? I am realistic in my approach to the changes I need in my life at this time. I know that God is not done with me yet, and that I have a lot to work on in my spiritual life. But he knows my heart and that leaves the door closed for anyone who feels they have the right to judge me.

So just as a warning, for the next 40 days you may see a post about my spiritual findings in the book and then hours later see a post about something sexual or vulgar or whatever. Some aren't going to like it but hey, you cant please everyone. Like Bill Cosby said, "I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
I will leave you with a 2 additional quotes that I keep in my sidebar for my RBW's.
First,
"I am not what I ought to be. I am not what I want to be. I am not what I hope to be. But still, I am not what I used to be, and by the grace of God, I am what I am.
That wraps it up quickly for all the haters, and all the critics that are going to have something to say about this post. That quote right there says it all!!!

and last...
"A woman's heart should be so close to God that a man should have to seek Him in order to find her."
Know that this is about your own level of spirituality. You should never let anyone tell you how spiritual you should be, or question your relationship with God. There is a huge difference between being spiritual and being religious, and I truly feel being religious is overrated. I know I'm going to open a bag of worms on this one... but so be it. That's what blogging is all about right... getting issues out and having an open forum to discuss them.

Either way, with my wine glass to the sky, cheers to healthy, spiritual, thought provoking, and purpose driven changes in my life for the next 40 days and beyond.
Oh, and feel free to share your experiences if you have already read the book and went threw the journey. I would love to hear how it has impacted my fellow RBW's and RBM's lives.

3 comments

Skoolboi Krush December 24, 2007 at 6:04 PM

I wish you the best in trying to improve yourself. I tried that book a few years back and only got about 10 chapters in before realizing that I wasn't ready for it.

Rashan Jamal December 26, 2007 at 7:37 AM

I'm all for the realism. Nobody's gonna be one way all the time. I'm down to see where you take it.

Dave Van Buren December 26, 2007 at 9:31 AM

I got that book almost 3 years ago and read like 10 pages... smh... Now it's in my closet somewhere. Maybe I'll pull it out. I think alot of us need to refocus for the new year.

Help keep this site up and running


and be sure to follow @thegirthpodcast instagram for hilarious sex memes and on twitter episode highlights and daily sex articles.

My Renaissance People aka Blog Subscribers