Thought to Ponder : Everybody plays the fool... sometimes

Fool! I struggle with this more times than not. I don't like to be bamboozled, I don't like sneaky people, I don't like to feel like I've been toyed with. If it's any of your business I am the most honest person you will ever know. The fact of the matter is, most times its not any of the person's business. People knowing me knowing that they can confide in me and it won't be heard by anyone else, has made me come across a lot of fools in my day. Often knowing all 3 sides to every story, party 1, party 2 and the truth I've been aware of several fools. The reason I am the way I am now is because I've been the fool before. We all have been, and if you haven't yet you will be. My problem is I take to heart situations when I see someone being the fool not initially realizing that everyone has to have their time to play that role. It's not my job to prevent someone from being in that state. So here's a couple quotes that made me realize the positions of both fooling and being the fool.

“You may fool all the people some of the time, you can even fool some of the people all of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all the time.”
~Abraham Lincoln

"By  the time the fool has learned the game, the players have dispersed."
~African Proverb

Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit.
~Elbert Hubbard

And one for the road for my fellow writers out there...


No one ever found wisdom without also being a fool. Writers, alas, have to be fools in public, while the rest of the human race can cover its tracks.
~Erica Jong




Leave a comment

Help keep this site up and running


and be sure to follow @thegirthpodcast instagram for hilarious sex memes and on twitter episode highlights and daily sex articles.

My Renaissance People aka Blog Subscribers