At the mercy of our emotions, women are not normal!

"How  can a woman be expected to be happy with a man who insists on  treating her as if she were a perfectly normal human being. ~ Oscar Wilde

I embrace my crazy and you should to. As long as your crazy doesn't put on an episode of Snapped, you must become one with it or it will eat you alive. I admit it all the time that I'm crazy. The sooner you do this ladies, the better off we will be. We are crazy, we are emotional creatures, we care about things that we shouldn't, we hate on people for no apparent reason, we allow the littlest things to bother us, we overanalyze everything, we put all the weight on our shoulders, we hold onto things and let our pasts dictate who we are today. We do all of this. The reason I can't stand being around myself sometimes let alone other women.

Men are easier, the reason we love them so much. They balance out our crazy. Now they are just as crazy in their own right, but it's more so our quest to understand why they aren't frazzled by the same things that elevates their crazy in our eyes.

My favorite quote on men comes from the movie Love Jones. Savon hit the nail on the head. Pun intended.

"When a man gets a hard on, you know where the blood come  from, right? You know where the blood come from, right? His head and his  feet. So A - he's stupid and B - he can't run."

Robin Williams agrees "God gave us all a  penis and a brain, but only enough blood to run one at a time."

As women we wish it could be that simple. *cues Lauryn Hill* "It could all be so simple, be we'd rather make it haaaaaaaaaaaaard."

"To be happy with a man you must understand him a lot and love  him a little. To be happy with a woman you must love her a lot and not  try to understand her at all."
~Helen Rowland

It's crazy because so many of my male friends say I date like a dude, and seeing how emotionally soft I've become in the past 2 years makes me think all women are even more crazy. I listened to these fools that told me that dating like them wasn't the best way to go. Now I feel like I should have stuck with what I knew. I am becoming one of you that are not normal and I'm on the verge of gouging my eyes out.

Lucky for me I caught it before I started crying in the middle of sappy  romantic movies.

At one time all I wanted to be was respected. Whether it was with passers by or someone I really cared for. It was never about love. Now I'm treading that course of wanting to be loved, respected, listened to, cuddled, and thought about on a daily basis. This is what we expect from the opposite sex that only needs food, money, a game on, and to be needed. Jerry Seinfeld said it best "Men want the same  thing from their underwear that they want from women:  a little bit of  support, and a little bit of freedom."

Even the possibilities of thinking that 2 people from those different spectrums could come together and make magic where both are fully content is crazy. I'm starting to feel like Katherine Hepburn, "Sometimes I wonder if  men and women really suit each other.  Perhaps they should live next  door and just visit now and then."

So where do we go from here. You must work on self! I realize that going back to the way I use to be isn't the best road, but where I'm headed can't be the right path. From this day forth I shall live like Oscar Wilde. "I don't want to be at the mercy of my emotions. I want to use them, to  enjoy them, and to dominate them.”

This comes not only in dating but in life. Not letting people piss me off, not allowing anyone to steal my joy, cutting back on my evil side eyes, letting things go before I allow them to fester, and I'm even going to try and hold my tongue even though a person might be beyond worthy of a good ol' Eb the Celeb telling off. Pray for me! This is going to be a task indeed.

Leave a comment

Help keep this site up and running


and be sure to follow @thegirthpodcast instagram for hilarious sex memes and on twitter episode highlights and daily sex articles.

My Renaissance People aka Blog Subscribers