Thought to Ponder : Love Thy Self

Rearranging some things I found an old dog tag (remember when they were in style?) that I got made back in college that read "Success is my husband, I'm married to making it."

It made me laugh. Realizing where I was in my life back then. There wasn't anyone that could stand in the way of my dreams. My focus was clear and that all started with love for myself. I saw so many friends around me defining themselves by the man they were with. I too was head over heels in love with someone at the time, but in no way was I going to let my relationship stray me from reaching my goals.

I can't remember a time I didn't love myself down to the core. My Mother and Sisters tease me about this often since I always keep plenty of pictures of myself around ever since I was little. Of course we all have our good days and bad days but I've always embraced my faults just as much as my triumphs. Always looking for ways to better myself and smile when I look back at how far I've come but there are some things about a person that are never going to change. There are some things about me that are in my make-up that I don't even want to change. They are what makes Eb, Eb even if they aren't the most harmonious characteristics to have. I still love me some me!

When you don't love yourself you live your life trying to draw attention to yourself for the acceptance of others. If you are someone that can't sit still and spend time with yourself there is a big problem. Loving yourself is not living your life to be liked by everyone, it's living your life experiencing everything that makes you happy and knowing that the people that are suppose to be in your life will draw near because of your natural light. Know your self worth even if no one else lived on this earth with you to experience it. Of course there is a fine line that can be drawn and loving yourself can become arrogant or cocky but I'm not speaking on that. Just loving yourself in the purest form possible.

Here are some quotes on Self-Love.

As I learn to love myself, I automatically receive                      the love and appreciation that I desire from others.  If I                      am commited to myself and to living my truth, I will  attract                      others with equal commitment. My willingness to be  intimate                      with my own deep feelings creates the space for  intimacy with                      another. ~Shakti Gawain

I am a feminist, and what that means to me is much  the same as the meaning of the fact that I am Black: it means that I  must undertake to love myself and to respect myself as though my very  life depends upon self-love and self-respect.~June Jordan

You must love yourself before you love another. By accepting yourself  and fully being what you are, your simple presence can make others  happy.
-- Author Unknown

He fell in love with himself at first sight, and it  is a passion to which he has always remained faithful. Self-love seems  so often unrequited.
~Anthony Powell

This self-love is the instrument of our preservation;  it resembles the provision for the perpetuity of mankind: it is  necessary, it is dear to us, it gives us pleasure, and we must conceal  it.
~Voltaire

You will always have to live with yourself, and it is to  your best interest to see that you have good company -- a clean, pure,  straight, honest, upright, generous, magnanimous companion.
~ Orison Swett Marden

To love yourself right now, just as you are, is to give yourself                      heaven. Don't wait until you die. If you wait, you  die now.                      If you love, you live now.
~Alan Cohen

If you can learn to love yourself and all the flaws, you                      can love other people so much better. And that makes  you so                      happy.
 ~Kristen Chenoweth


And my personal fav that draws that line of loving & cocky LOL

I don't like myself, I'm crazy about myself ~Mae West

Leave a comment

Help keep this site up and running


and be sure to follow @thegirthpodcast instagram for hilarious sex memes and on twitter episode highlights and daily sex articles.

My Renaissance People aka Blog Subscribers