Thought to Ponder : Live for today, tomorrow is not promised

For some reason we think it's promised to us. That it's always going to be there. That if we are in good health, our chances that we'll get another opportunity to do something is greater than that of someone on bed rest. That has to be the furthest thing from the truth. Yesterday I lost a friend in a motorcycle accident. Right when he was on the brink of making all his dreams come true. One of the sweetest men I've ever met in my life. Kind heart, kind spirit, and could rock a party like no other. You will truly be missed DJ Genius.
It's crazy because even typing that I still don't believe it. Part of me wants to PING! his BBM just to make sure I wont get a response back from him. I can't bring myself to delete his info out of my phone either. This situation has me feeling crazy. I expect him to be here. To hit me up when he's driving down from CT asking what events I'm hitting up tonight. My head hasn't been right since I found out. I keep thinking about who I need to tell that I love them, and questioning what I need to do different in my life to ensure that those people know how much I care about them because you just never know when you'll lose them. I found a couple quotes about tomorrow not being promised to make this all real to me and help me cope.


“Live this day as if it will be your last. Remember that you will only find tomorrow on the calendars of fools. Forget yesterday's defeats and ignore the problems of tomorrow. This is it. Doomsday. All you have. Make it the best day of your year. The saddest words you can ever utter are, ''If I had my life to live over again. ''Take the baton, now. Run with it! This is your day! Beginning today, treat everyone you meet, friend or foe, loved one or stranger, as if they were going to be dead at midnight. Extend to each person, no matter how trivial the contact, all the care and kindness and understanding and love that you can muster, and do it with no thought of any reward. Your life will never be the same again."
~Og Mandino

"Live life fully while you're here. Experience everything. Take care of yourself and your friends. Have fun, be crazy, be weird. Go out and screw up! You're going to anyway, so you might as well enjoy the process. Take the opportunity to learn from your mistakes: find the cause of your problem and eliminate it. Don't try to be perfect; just be an excellent example of being human."
~Anthony Robbins

"Only put off until tomorrow what you are willing to die having left undone.
~Pablo Picasso

Leave a comment

Help keep this site up and running


and be sure to follow @thegirthpodcast instagram for hilarious sex memes and on twitter episode highlights and daily sex articles.

My Renaissance People aka Blog Subscribers