October = events, events, & more events

Can you believe its October already. 2009 has definitely flew by! There is so much going on this month so I thought I'd share with my blog fam.

Tomorrow a blog meet and greet at Katwalk NYC. Both blog readers and writers are welcome.

Blog Cafe 1.0
Katwalk NYC - 2 W 35th St
6pm-9pm


 Mixtape Comedy with the homie Royale Watkins and Anthony Anderson. Goes down every month you already know. Here's the info:


 On Tuesday, October 20th... you are more than welcome to join me and my crew for Karaoke in Harlem. We're hitting up Billies Black (271 W 119th St at Frederick Douglas) Karaoke kicks off at 7pm but they have Happy Hour from 5-9pm where drinks are only $5 so all you people that need to be on the juice to sing... make sure you go right after work...lol!

SAVE THE DATE: October 24th!!!
The Phenomenal Women Group is hosting a question and answer forum entitled, “How women are portrayed by the media.”  The event will be a moderated panel that will include women of versatile backgrounds, professions, etc. and one of the women on the panel is ME... crazy right!

So I have to officially put my BK boycott on the back burner to sit on this panel and I think its time. Especially for a good cause such as this. Here is the info on the panel... I would love anyone who can to come out and support.

The Event will take place October 24, 2009 at Medgar Evers College in Brooklyn New York from 12pm-3pm 

Goal of panel: Explore the ways on how to empower women and girls in society.

Some of the discussion topics:

Media Portrayals of Girls and Women
Stereotypes
Effects on body image and self-identity
Ramifications in sports and politics
Economic interests behind the objectification and eroticization of women.



OH and info on the Digiwaxx Halloween Party soon come. 
So many of my blog fam came out last year and had a blast!!!! 
You know its going to be something major... 



Also there are a couple more events that I don't have all the details on right now so I'll update this post when I get them. Hope to see you all out and about this month!

 

1 comment

The Jaded NYer October 2, 2009 at 1:22 AM

I think one of the best things that came out of me losing my 9-5 for a freelancer's life has been getting OUT THERE more, especially with your crazy behind!

So yes- count me in for most of these October events. And if you see a placard at the panel discussion that reads, "GO EB!" you know who it is LOL

Help keep this site up and running


and be sure to follow @thegirthpodcast instagram for hilarious sex memes and on twitter episode highlights and daily sex articles.

My Renaissance People aka Blog Subscribers