Polow da Don speaks negatively about black women

I was saddened when I heard this story and since it was originally released, he has come back and tried to clean it up but I still want to know how my fellow RBW's feel about it. Just in case you dont know who Polow da Don is, he is an amazing producer. He has produced hits for everybody under the sun and I actually liked him. Now I don't know. Here is what he said in an interview earlier this week with All hip hop.

Polow Da Don: Just the "King of the White Girls." I ain't self proclaimed but I run with it. [Laughs] There was a stage in my life where I went crazy with dating white women. I have nothing against black women, but they're raised differently. White women are raised to respect and serve their men. Black women are taught to question [their men]. Black women look at submission as being weak. White women look at submission as being a woman. And anyone who has a problem with this statement is ignorant. Just look at the divine order; it goes man, woman, child.

Then in a later interview when he was asked if he really meant what he said... he said a lot of garbage first and then eventually said:

What I was saying was factual though. Ladies and gentlemen agreed, n****s and b******s got mad."

I just want to know what my fellow RBW's feel about this. It is true to a certain extent, I just feel he stated it in the wrong context as if white is right and black is wrong. It is true (generally speaking) that white women tend to do whatever their man wants them to do. But what he didnt recognize was the struggle that black women have to go threw. Many of us out here are doing everything ourselves. Going to school, raising our kids, and working full time and if a man feels he is just going to come into a situation like that and take over when we have been doing everything for ourselves for so long then he is mistaken. Now I do believe in being submissive (because its in the bible) but only in certain situations. Tell me how you feel!

1 comment

Unknown September 7, 2007 at 9:54 AM

I read this article in its entirety, and honestly, I agreed with a lot of what Polow had to say. Most black women are raised in homes where women run things, so that is all that we know. I am certainly included in this bunch. I don't have that attitude that we're "losing our men" to white women. What God has for me is for me so I can't be worried about every black man that feels the need to cross the color line. If Polow wants to be "King of the White Girls" more power to him.

Help keep this site up and running


and be sure to follow @thegirthpodcast instagram for hilarious sex memes and on twitter episode highlights and daily sex articles.

My Renaissance People aka Blog Subscribers