Thought to Ponder: Getting Older



I recently read this article about how women start feeling old at 29. I had to sit back and reflect for a minute to see if that was true about myself. I constantly joke that because I don't understand certain things musically, and because my patience for certain things isn't what it used to be, and because I'd rather sit home and watch a game with some friends than booty shake in the club that maybe I was starting to feel old.

Then I realized that isn't feeling old, that is maturing. I have ran my 20s until the wheels fell off. Had loads of fun, traveled, plenty of ups, my fair share of downs, but it was all building blocks for what will make of my life 2 weeks into being 30.

So since I haven't done a thought to ponder in a while I felt it only right to hit you with a couple quotes that assure those that think they may be getting old that life is just beginning.

Live as long as you may, the first twenty years are the longest half of your life.  ~Robert Southey, The Doctor

At 20 years of age the will reigns; at 30 the wit; at 40 the judgment.  ~Benjamin Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanac

If you associate enough with older people who do enjoy their lives, who are not stored away in any golden ghettos, you will gain a sense of continuity and of the possibility for a full life. ~Tom Stoppard

The great thing about getting older is that you don't lose all the other ages you've been. ~Madeleine L'Engle

The ultimate goal is to be more satisfied. I really don't believe you get wiser because you get older. It's a choice, perhaps not to take some things so seriously. ~Boy George

And my favorite one:


One of the best parts of growing older?  You can flirt all you like since you've become harmless.  ~Liz Smith

Even though I'm not so sure I will ever be 'harmless' no matter how old I get! HA!

SO CHEERS TO FLIRTY 30s BEING THE BEST DECADE OF MY LIFE!!!


Thank you, thank you, thank you... you're far too kind- Jay-Z voice

Leave a comment

Help keep this site up and running


and be sure to follow @thegirthpodcast instagram for hilarious sex memes and on twitter episode highlights and daily sex articles.

My Renaissance People aka Blog Subscribers