Compromise & Tolerance when Dating

I came across the following quote:

“Every time you date someone with an issue that you have to work to ignore, you're settling.”

I have been struggling with this. Is that statement really true? We are never going to get 100% of what we want from someone so maybe this issue is in that 20% of the 80/20 rule. I'm trying not to be the normal spoiled brat that I usually am when dating. Always wanting things my way or you can step. Making compromises because that person happens to be the type of person I usually am. Always wanting things his way and will catch an attitude in a minute.

I am that person when I either don't like a dude or do like a dude and am trying not to like him, that I steer away in order to sabotage every possible good thing about the situation. Sometimes you just don't want to like someone because it might be a distraction or because you feel like you might be compromising who you are because of an issue between you. Not sure if this is the same with him but I do know that my compromise patience is running real thin. Our scale currently looks something like this with him getting all the goods and sitting heavy and me floating in the damn air somewhere not knowing what the hell is going on:
If it doesn't start leveling out soon I am going to explode to the point of no return. I can't see it getting to that point though since I'm on the brink of shutting down and the give give give with someone only allowing very little for me to take is getting extremely old. This is all before I talked to my homeboy about the situation who assured me its never going to level out. So now I'm over it and in moving on mode. It's crazy that in most instances it takes a homeboy to remind me how I should be treated before I realize it's time to leave a situation alone.

All compromise is based on give and take, but there  can be no give and take on fundamentals. Any compromise on mere  fundamentals is a surrender. For it is all give and no take. ~Mohandas Gandhi

I feel like blasting "Understanding" by Xscape but instead I'll hit you with some new Chester Gregory. "A Woman, A Lover, A Friend" is the perfect song for how I'm feeling right now. Fool got all of that right now and trying to keep me at arm's length. Eb don't play that so it's time to be on to the next one. OK I digress and just listen.
   A Woman, A Lover, A Friend (Download for free at www.ChesterGregory.com) by Chester Gregory


Sarah Jessica Parker asked an amazing question that I fear I will never have the answer to.
In a relationship, when does the art of compromise become compromising?

Leave a comment

Help keep this site up and running


and be sure to follow @thegirthpodcast instagram for hilarious sex memes and on twitter episode highlights and daily sex articles.

My Renaissance People aka Blog Subscribers