Ode to my mom

In honor of this wonderful day that acknowledges the Renaissance Black women that bring forth life to other Renaissance Black women, I give you a poem I wrote for my mom a couple years ago. I could never speak works of how much I admire my mom's strength. I love you always and forever. Make sure you appreciate the Renaissance Black Mother in your life always and not just on this day that is dedicated to them.
Ode to my mom

The true love of my life
The one whose strength has molded me
Never let me get away with anything
That’s why my soul is so free
The one who always has my back
You’re the light I look to when something is wrong
Taught me how to make the best of a bad situation
You are the only reason I am so strong
I know it’s okay if I make a mistake
‘Cause I have you to show me the right way
The reason for my assertive and confident personality
I enjoy seeing you when I look in the mirror everyday
Showed me how to truly love unconditionally
The galaxy isn’t nearly as big as your heart
Taught me to value my education, so I have my degrees
But you’re the real reason I am so smart
For you – I diligently strive to be rich
With your faith, I know all my dreams will come true
And even though you taught me to value all relationships
I know when there’s no one else, I’ll always have you
I will never have a better best friend
You are the sweetest and most melodic psalm
I wake up and thank GOD everyday
‘Cause I’m blessed to have you as my mom



Copyright © 2005 by Jonesin' Enterprises
All rights reserved worldwide. No part of this may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without prior written permission.

2 comments

Anonymous July 29, 2007 at 3:28 AM

That is beautiful! I wish my Mom was still alive so I could forward this blog to her.

No truer words have ever been spoken!

Help keep this site up and running


and be sure to follow @thegirthpodcast instagram for hilarious sex memes and on twitter episode highlights and daily sex articles.

My Renaissance People aka Blog Subscribers