Thought to Ponder: Being Passionate



We all need to look into the dark side of our nature - that's where the energy is, the passion. People are afraid of that because it holds pieces of us we're busy denying. ~Sue Grafton

I wish I could say the above about myself sometimes. I'm too passionate for my own good. When you have a taurus that's passionate, all hell breaks loose. The reason I consider myself a passionate firecracker. I wish things didn't upset me. I wish that I had it in me not to tell people when I feel disrespected but it's not the way God made me. I'm a very logical, practical person and when people do things that just make absolutely no sense the fire in me starts burning and eventually erupts. When it does it's worse than the tallest most vicious volcano in the world erupting. I've always had a short fuse, an attitude problem, and will cuss somebody out in a minute and I'm working on that. It's gotten a lot better over the years. But I don't ever want my passion to go away. No matter what it is I have my hands in at the time, without being passionate I feel there's no reason to even go through the motions. So here are some quotes on passion.

Better pass boldly into that other world, in the full glory of some passion, than fade and wither dismally with age.
~James Joyce

Nothing great in the world has ever been accomplished without passion.
~Hebbel

A great leader's courage to fulfill his vision comes from passion, not position.
~John Maxwell

Without passion man is a mere latent force and possibility, like the flint which awaits the shock of the iron before it can give forth its spark.
~Henri Frederic Amiel

It is, perhaps, better to be valued as an object of passion than never to be valued at all.
~Angela Carter

Leave a comment

Help keep this site up and running


and be sure to follow @thegirthpodcast instagram for hilarious sex memes and on twitter episode highlights and daily sex articles.

My Renaissance People aka Blog Subscribers