The Heart on my Sleeve is a Hard One



"The heart of a fool is in his mouth, but the mouth of the wise man is in his heart."
~Benjamin Franklin

Has it ever taken you having to say something out loud for you to realize it about yourself? I'm a thinker, overanalyzer so I rarely speak my consciousness of myself. That was until last night. I was interviewed in a documentary about dating and being single while approaching 30 and realized so much about myself but the one thing that stood out was how hard the heart is that I wear on my sleeve. I always considered myself an undercover romantic but saying things aloud made me realize that's not the side that I show.

"It is better to have a heart without words than words without a heart!" ~John Bunyan

I'm not the chick that is going to tell you a man that she loves him, or that she misses him even though I know those are things he needs to hear. I feel like my actions should prove to you that I feel those types of emotions. Although when I'm angry at a man for whatever reason I am quick to profess those things without any inhibition. There is no balance. No man only wants an energy from a woman that is negative.

"The heart seldom feels what the mouth expresses." ~Jean Galoert de Campistron

Now the bitch in me is thinking as least I'm not the only one based on the above quote and that he needs to stop doing things that give me reason to cuss him, but the undercover romantic in me realizes that I have to be more open about my feelings and not let the hard ones be the only ones I show. This is going to take some work. Allowing myself to be vulnerable enough to speak feelings that come from a soft heart is going to be a task indeed, but I'm glad I realized it in myself.

"Have a heart that never hardens, a temper that never tires, a touch that never hurts."
~Charles Dickens


Uuuuughhhh does this mean I have to go tell this fool I miss him now???

LOL, I told y'all this was going to take some time.

Leave a comment

Help keep this site up and running


and be sure to follow @thegirthpodcast instagram for hilarious sex memes and on twitter episode highlights and daily sex articles.

My Renaissance People aka Blog Subscribers